Changing name on Pan Card After Divorce: A Step-by-Step Guide

Divorce is a difficult time, but changing your name on important documents such as your PAN card can be a straightforward process.

Here’s how to do it step by step:

  1. Gather necessary documents including divorce decree or court order, old PAN card, and identification proof.
  2. Apply for a name change online through the Income Tax Department’s website.
  3. Fill out a simple form with personal information and details about your divorce decree or court order.
  4. Receive an acknowledgement receipt via email after submitting the application.
  5. Wait for the name change process to be completed by the Income Tax Department, which can take up to 4 weeks.
  6. Once approved, receive a new PAN card in the mail that reflects your new name.

Benefits of changing your name on your PAN card include:

  • Correct identification in all official records and documents
  • Protection from identity theft and fraudsters using personal information

  • Rebuilding credit history and establishing a new identity in case of legal issues or financial disputes

In conclusion, changing your name on your PAN card is an important step towards updating personal information and protecting privacy and security.

You May Also Like